Trinidad & Tobago

Starting at the age of 15, I began my journey in volunteering. My first volunteer work involved rebuilding an orphanage called Wesleyan Children’s Home, which had been destroyed during a flood.I experienced a mix of emotions, driven by the urgency to help the children who had lost everything to support the reconstruction and provide essential items like shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, clothes, and board game, we organized multiple bake sales to raise funds.

In high school , I actively participated in various volunteer activities. Throughout the years, I was involved in all the beach cleanup, contributing to environmental conservation. Additionally, I volunteered with a club called Reach Out, where I tutored underprivileged children every Saturday , helping them strengthen their skills in English, mathematics , and other subject.

I was also a member of the Global Issues Network club, which required us to work on a six-month project. As part of this project, I volunteered at the lady Hochoy Home, where I supported and educated children with disabilities, specifically those with Down Syndrome. I promoted equal educational opportunities for children with special needs and committed to an extended period of interaction to better understand their educational requirements. My involvement culminated in delivering an oral presentation in Costa Rica, where I shared my experiences working with individuals facing educational challenged due to their disabilities. The goal of my presentation was to raise awareness about their harships and advocate for equal educational opportunities.

During the summer of 2016, I decided to start volunteering at an animal shelter called Animals Alive. I loved spending time there every Saturday.Through the summer of 2019, I began volunteering at Sunnyview Vetcare Services, where I continued to volunteer for a year and even completed my high school internship. The experience I gained at Sunnyview Vetcare Services was invaluable. I believe it was the clinics that taught me the most. I had the opportunity to assist in handling animals and giving them medicine, which brought the immense joy and satisfaction.