Canada

During the COVID-19 pandemic, I had the opportunity to volunteer as a Social Media Ambassador(SMA) at Thompson Rivers University from Fall 2020 to Winter 2021. This was a fantastic way to keep myself engaged while being confined to my dorm. I wrote articels offering advice to other students on staying productive.

One Notable article I wrote was titles “Being University Student During a Pandemic.” In this piece, I shared my personal experiences and strategies for maintaining focus and avoiding procrastination. This role was a fun productive outlet during a challenging time

I started my experience at the BC SPCA in January 2024, initially as a course requirement to volunteer for the entire semester. I wanted to get involved in something that would be useful for my future and relevant to my career path. I volunteered there for 8 weeks, dedicating 3 hours every Saturday to complete the 24-hour requirement for the semester. my tasks at the animal center included cleaning kennels, ensuring the areas were spotless, and spending time with the animals. I also witnessed several dogs getting adopted by wonderful families.

Who would have though that after completing the semester, I would continue volunteering at the BC SPCA, but this time in the veterinary clinic? I’ve been volunteering there since May and continue to volunteer twice a week for three and a half hours each session, totaling 7 hours a week. The experience has been fantastic. I get to see many dog and cat cases and observe how well they are treated by the staff.